The Draft Plan for Consultation 2019, please click
here to view.
The Neighbourhood Plan Map, Pool-in-Wharfedale Neighbourhood Area - Policies and Plan Final, please click here to view.
Neighbourhood Planning Regulation 14 Public Consultation
Pool-in-Wharfedale Neighbourhood Plan
In accordance with Neighbourhood Planning Regulation 14, Pool-in-Wharfedale Parish Council is undertaking a public consultation and would like to invite comments from organisations and individuals on its Pre-Submission Neighbourhood Plan. Please note that all consultations to date have been informal and non-statutory; this one is statutory.
The public consultation runs from 6 September – 18 October 2019.
The proposed Pool-in-Wharfedale Neighbourhood Plan
Following six years of consultation with residents, Pool-in-Wharfedale Parish Council has produced a Neighbourhood Plan which covers the whole of the civil parish of Pool-in-Wharfedale. The plan contains a vision for Pool along with a set of objectives, planning policies and proposals and community actions to achieve the vision. The planning policies within the plan seek to protect the character and meet the needs of Pool, with policies guiding new development, traffic and transport and travel, as well as protection and enhancement policies relating to the green environment (including Local Green Spaces), the historic built environment and community facilities.
Following this consultation, the plan will be amended and then submitted to Leeds City Council, as required, for a further Regulation 16 consultation and independent examination. The plan, if successful at examination, will then proceed to a local referendum. Assuming it receives a majority vote, the City Council will adopt the plan which will then become part of the statutory development plan - the Local Plan - for Leeds. Any planning applications submitted within the Pool boundary will be determined in accordance with this plan.
This consultation seeks your views on the content of the proposed Pool-in-Wharfedale Neighbourhood Plan. Following revision, the Plan, with the supporting Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Screening Report, will be submitted to Leeds City Council.
The Pool-in-Wharfedale Neighbourhood Plan seeks to:
· ensure that future policies reflect the needs and aspirations of the local community
· be a means to guide, promote and enable balanced and sustainable change within the designated area
· preserve the character of Pool-in-Wharfedale and its parish as an attractive rural location with some local industry and good links with its local market town
· enable the retention of Pool-in-Wharfedale as a distinct community, protecting the natural and built heritage, enhancing the conservation area and ensuring that Pool-in-Wharfedale is not swallowed up by encroaching urban sprawl
· ensure that the needs of residents are met in the areas of housing, employment, education, health, leisure, recreation, sport, transport and burial, and that Pool-in-Wharfedale maintains a well-balanced, sustainable economic and physical environment
How to access the Pool-in-Wharfedale Neighbourhood Plan
Electronically from this web page or
Hard copies may be viewed at:
· Pool-in-Wharfedale Post Office and General Store
· Otley Library
· The home of Councillor Hazel Lee, Chairman of Pool Parish Council, by appointment only, telephone 0113 284 2573
How to respond to the consultation:
Complete the electronic questionnaire below from 6th September
OR Pick up a questionnaire from one of the places listed above, (or download the pdf below from 6th September), fill it in and return it to: Pool Post Office and General Store or Old Pool Bank Village Hall (letterbox)
Come to one of our drop-in sessions (dates below), meet the Steering Group to discuss the Plan and fill in a questionnaire whilst you are there.
The deadline for comments is 5pm on Friday 18th October 2019. Pool-in-Wharfedale Parish Council cannot accept any late comments.
Consultation drop-in sessions:
Saturday, 21 September 2019 Old Pool Bank Village Hall 11 am – 1 pm
Saturday, 28 September 2019 Pool Village Memorial Hall 11 am – 1 pm
Saturday, 5 October 2019 Wharfedale Court 2.30pm – 4 pm